[i]Dioon merolae[/i] "gold"

All info regarding the Genus: Dioon to be listed here.

Re: [i]Dioon merolae[/i] "gold"

Postby Louis on Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:25 pm

Absolutely Mr D!! :D It sounds beautiful!! I can't wait to see the pics when they are nice and big!!
Louis

Postby Madchemis on Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:41 pm

There are two known ecotypes of Dioon merolae. The original regular one is found in Chiapas, Mexico which is a medium size dioon. Whereas, the other one is the golden merolae found in Oaxaca, Mexico. The golden merolae is larger and it has often a dense golden tomentum (fuzz) that cover the emerge leaves where it's nickname arised.

Cheers,
David
Madchemis

Postby vitkiktiv on Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:01 pm

Thanks for that David :D
With the help of Jaco I managed to find the grower where my plants are from and he told me exactly the same thing today, really excited now for it to grow nice and big to that stage ! something that I have noticed in the mexican bed is that something is eating my plant's new emergent leaves and every time i notice it, it's too lat, I never see the critters responsible for it, and it's bad cos the parts of the petiole that they don't eat also weep and die :cry: any help would be muchly appreciated.

By the way David I wanted to ask, are you a chemist? and when do you sleep cos the times that you post comments or start topics are at such times that it seems that you never sleep ! seems that you are indeed a madchemist or I am making a donkey out of myself and your nick is something completely different ha ha
"It's 4:20 somewhere."
vitkiktiv

Previous

Return to Dioon